Congratulations on HBase 0.90.0 release!

There are some open questions about HBase at Quora, and this one is asking for the roadmap.
http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-development-plans-for-HBase

Our roadmap on the wiki is outdated, and I think one in the JIRA is not allowing us to get a big picture like master rewrites, shell update, bloom filter, replication, coprocessor and access control.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HBase/RoadMaps

I would be really happy if the roadmap is updated.

Thanks,
Tatsuya

--
Tatsuya Kawano
Tokyo, Japan

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jan 20, 2011 at 12:04 am
    Hey Tatsuya:

    Yeah, our RoadMaps were way stale. I did a quick cleanup.

    I think we've learned that RoadMapping at anything but the coarsest of
    granularities is a fairly useless exercise. Folks will work on what
    they need. Figuring what that list is up front is a bit tough to
    nail.

    That said, as I understand it, the plan for 0.92 is for it to come out
    soon. Very soon. Its salient feature will be the addition of
    Coprocessors. CPs are already in HBase TRUNK so I don't see anything
    getting in the way of a 0.92 in the near term. Otherwise, the current
    set of (unedited) 0.92 issues seems like bug fixes, correctness and
    performance: http://su.pr/1rYx71

    Thanks,
    St.Ack

    Congratulations on HBase 0.90.0 release!

    There are some open questions about HBase at Quora, and this one is asking for the roadmap.
    http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-development-plans-for-HBase

    Our roadmap on the wiki is outdated, and I think one in the JIRA is not allowing us to get a big picture like master rewrites, shell update, bloom filter, replication, coprocessor and access control.

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HBase/RoadMaps

    I would be really happy if the roadmap is updated.

    Thanks,
    Tatsuya

    --
    Tatsuya Kawano
    Tokyo, Japan
  • Tatsuya Kawano at Jan 20, 2011 at 3:42 am
    Thanks, Stack.

    Actually, I like the granularity of the updated list. Those few-words summary helps me when I look at the Jira road map, and each Jira ticket helps me to understand what's exactly going on.

    Why don't we just have one road map page by now? We could replace the tag lines on Jira road map with the ones on the wiki page, and then make the wiki page obsolete.

    - Tatsuya

    --
    Tatsuya Kawano
    Tokyo, Japan

[...]

  • Stack at Jan 20, 2011 at 6:11 am
    I like your suggestion. Then there is just one list, the one we
    actually are keeping up and implementing. Want to have a go at it
    Tatsuya? Otherwise I will.

    Good on you,
[...]

  • Tatsuya Kawano at Jan 20, 2011 at 10:59 am
    Hi Stack,

    Please go ahead and edit them for me? I only have read access to the release descriptions on Jira.

    Thank you,

    p.s.
    Also, can you please assign HBASE-3391 to me?

    --
    Tatsuya Kawano
    Tokyo, Japan

[...]

  • Stack at Jan 21, 2011 at 5:55 am