Grokbase Groups HBase dev July 2010
Today I made a branch from TRUNK named 0.89.2010726 and then built
from the tip of this branch a candidate to become the second in our
series of 'developer releases' that will take us to 0.90.0, the next
major version of hbase (See
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions for more on what
these 0.89.x releases are all about).

Source binary and source tar balls are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.89.20100726-candidate-1/

You can also browse the candidate documentation here:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.89.20100726-candidate-1/hbase-0.89.20100726/docs/

Issues resolved since
http://apache.tradebit.com/pub/hbase/hbase-0.89.20100621/, our first
0.89.x release, are roughly ~80 issues odd including our first cut at
a working replication: See http://su.pr/2lZsHk

Shall we release this candidate as the second in our 0.89.x series of
developer releases?

Please see previous threads on 0.89 releases for more information
about the purpose of this release candidate - in particular, this
'developer release' is for those who can tolerate risk and who are
willing to give feedback in advance of our next major release. We're
not making any guarantees that this is bug free. Its definitely not
for production deploys.

We'll do another release like this in a few weeks after the new master
code has gone in.

Please vote by Monday, August 2nd.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Jul 29, 2010 at 4:59 pm
    -1

    Because of HBASE-2755, I cannot even boot a cluster properly.

    J-D
[...]

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Jul 30, 2010 at 12:48 am
    Although, I've been doing lots of tests on 0.89.2010726 patched with
    Kannan's fix and it works pretty well. Also replication was enabled,
    and was tested too.

    J-D
[...]

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJul 28, '10 at 5:27a
activeJul 30, '10 at 12:48a
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Jean-Daniel Cryans: 2 posts Stack: 1 post