Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2010
I've built src and binary releases from the tip of branch 0.89.20100621.
I've also made a new tag for this release candidate. You can find the
tarballs at:

http://people.apache.org/~todd/hbase-0.89.20100621.rc0/

MD5 sums:

6f3dd13794260c09e5d68c071edf5dc1 hbase-0.89.20100621-bin.tar.gz
d00df1bbcc9d11f6483822333155b5e3 hbase-0.89.20100621-src.tar.gz

GPG signatures are in the same directory.

I would like to propose releasing this release candidate as HBase
0.89.20100621.

Please see the previous thread for more information about the purpose of
this release candidate - in particular, we're not making any guarantees that
this is bug free. I hope we can release this rc with no follow up patches
unless anything is extremely broken. We'll do another release like this in a
few weeks after the new master code has been stabilized a bit, and of course
anything else that has gone into trunk will go into there.

If we could complete voting by Friday that would be excellent.

Thanks,
-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Rawson at Jun 23, 2010 at 11:38 pm
    We really need: HBASE-2774 without it people could run into really
    bad performance issues.

    it works well for both me and stack on different hardware profiles
    (older intel xeons vs newer i7s) and solves the problem.

    -ryan
[...]

  • Stack at Jun 24, 2010 at 5:21 am
    Fix for hbase-2774 has been committed. Some doc fixup has also been
    done. We're good to go on RC1 I'd say.
    St.Ack
[...]

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 23, '10 at 9:46p
activeJun 24, '10 at 5:21a
websitehbase.apache.org

3 users in discussion

Todd Lipcon: 1 post Stack: 1 post Ryan Rawson: 1 post