Grokbase Groups HBase dev May 2010
This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21) after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the 0.20 branch.

Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into trunk. Stack would be responsible for merging everything else. (This has been okay'd by them)

Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc will be dealt with in separate votes.

- Team HBase

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at May 12, 2010 at 9:01 pm
    Definitely +1

    J-D
    This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21) after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

    After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the 0.20 branch.

    Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into trunk.  Stack would be responsible for merging everything else.  (This has been okay'd by them)

    Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc will be dealt with in separate votes.

    - Team HBase
  • Stack at May 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm
    +1
    St.Ack
    This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21) after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

    After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the 0.20 branch.

    Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into trunk.  Stack would be responsible for merging everything else.  (This has been okay'd by them)

    Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc will be dealt with in separate votes.

    - Team HBase
  • Ryan Rawson at May 12, 2010 at 9:15 pm
    +1
    This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21) after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

    After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the 0.20 branch.

    Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into trunk.  Stack would be responsible for merging everything else.  (This has been okay'd by them)

    Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc will be dealt with in separate votes.

    - Team HBase
  • Andrew Purtell at May 12, 2010 at 9:25 pm
    +1

    development onto our current TRUNK (0.21) after merging in
    changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).
  • Jonathan Gray at May 12, 2010 at 11:10 pm
    With 5 +1s and 0 -1s, vote passes.

    All development should be done against TRUNK as of now, but need to wait for 2248, etc before it's really ready to start taking fresh commits.

    Stay tuned to the dev list to keep track of the progress of this move.
    This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21)
    after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

    After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed
    and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the
    0.20 branch.

    Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into
    trunk. Stack would be responsible for merging everything else. (This
    has been okay'd by them)

    Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc
    will be dealt with in separate votes.

    - Team HBase
  • Lars George at May 13, 2010 at 9:15 am
    For what it's worth:

    +1
    All development should be done against TRUNK as of now, but need to wait for 2248, etc before it's really ready to start taking fresh commits.

    Stay tuned to the dev list to keep track of the progress of this move.
    This is a vote to switch all development onto our current TRUNK (0.21)
    after merging in changes that went into the current BRANCH (0.20.5).

    After everything is put into TRUNK, the 0.20 branch would be removed
    and the 0.20_pre_durability branch would be moved back to being the
    0.20 branch.

    Ryan would be responsible for merging 2248 (and any related jiras) into
    trunk.  Stack would be responsible for merging everything else.  (This
    has been okay'd by them)

    Other issues like changing the version numbers, changing packaging, etc
    will be dealt with in separate votes.

    - Team HBase

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop