Hi all,

I am interested to know the internal implementation of hbase, so I'd like to
deep into the source source.
I found that the variable onlineRegions in HRegionServer is a map type and
the key is the hashcode of region name. So wont't it cause conflict ? I mean
tow region name may have the same hashcode. Or does the hash code
implemetation guarantee that two region name won't have the same hashcode ?

Thank you

Jeff Zhnag

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Rawson at Dec 28, 2009 at 2:58 am
    We dont use the standard hashing function, but one that exhibits
    fairly good properties of uniform output. This reduces the chance of a
    conflict, so while not impossible, it is unlikely.
    I am interested to know the internal implementation of hbase, so I'd like to
    deep into the source source.
    I found that the variable onlineRegions in HRegionServer is a map type and
    the key is the hashcode of region name. So wont't it cause conflict ? I mean
    tow region name may have the same hashcode. Or does the hash code
    implemetation guarantee that two region name won't have the same hashcode ?

    Thank you

    Jeff Zhnag

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop