Hi devs,

HBASE-2064/5 are big enough cases to justify a new minor release but
we also have other much needed fixes like higher default tick time,
fix to empty oldlogfile and goodies like a wiser detection of node's
address for HQuorumPeer, EC2 stuff, zktop and much more. So, please
review your cases and fix/punt/etc.

We also have to decide what's happening to HBASE-1935. IIRC we said it
was ok but it's still not committed.

It would be nice to release a RC next week.

Thx!

J-D

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Purtell at Dec 28, 2009 at 9:32 pm
    There are 10 open issues: http://su.pr/1w5LBO

    I can finish up HBASE-1937 this week.

    Stack wants HBASE-2037 in.

    HBASE-2042 is marked as a blocker.

    I think we also do not want a repeat of HBASE-2025, so I raised it to blocker.

    Does HBASE-2064/5 resolve HBASE-1636?

    - Andy

    HBASE-2064/5 are big enough cases to justify a new minor release but
    we also have other much needed fixes like higher default tick time,
    fix to empty oldlogfile and goodies like a wiser detection of node's
    address for HQuorumPeer, EC2 stuff, zktop and much more. So, please
    review your cases and fix/punt/etc.

    We also have to decide what's happening to HBASE-1935. IIRC we said it
    was ok but it's still not committed.

    It would be nice to release a RC next week.

    Thx!

    J-D
  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Dec 28, 2009 at 9:35 pm
    I added a comment in 1636 saying that I will close it upon release...
    some fixes were kinda exotic and I'm worried about stability. I'll do
    some more testing on branch.

    I will take care of HBASE-2025 and see where the problem is.

    Not sure what to do with 2042...

    Thx Andy!

    J-D
    I think we also do not want a repeat of HBASE-2025, so I raised it to blocker.

    Does HBASE-2064/5 resolve HBASE-1636?

    - Andy

    HBASE-2064/5 are big enough cases to justify a new minor release but
    we also have other much needed fixes like higher default tick time,
    fix to empty oldlogfile and goodies like a wiser detection of node's
    address for HQuorumPeer, EC2 stuff, zktop and much more. So, please
    review your cases and fix/punt/etc.

    We also have to decide what's happening to HBASE-1935. IIRC we said it
    was ok but it's still not committed.

    It would be nice to release a RC next week.

    Thx!

    J-D

  • Lars George at Dec 28, 2009 at 11:04 pm
    Hey,

    I can fix mine this week. Easy fix.

    Lars
[...]

groupdev @