Grokbase Groups HBase dev May 2009

I'm a DataNucleus developer (implementation of JDO/JPA/REST APIs). Currently, we
support Google BigTable, and I would like to extend our support for HBase.

I've been trying to run HBase 0.19 (using cygwin), but when I run the MyClient
API example, it cannot find anything on port 60000.

I would also like to setup test cases for our plugin, so it would be interesting
if we run hadoop+hbase in embedded mode.

Could you please send me the very basic configuration/code files to run it?

Thanks

Erik Bengtson

Search Discussions

  • Erik Bengtson at May 12, 2009 at 9:16 pm
    Hi,

    In Linux it works. Again it work be great if we could launch it in embedded
    mode in any OS platform, for development purposes.

    Thanks.

    I'm a DataNucleus developer (implementation of JDO/JPA/REST APIs).
    Currently, we
    support Google BigTable, and I would like to extend our support for HBase.

    I've been trying to run HBase 0.19 (using cygwin), but when I run the
    MyClient
    API example, it cannot find anything on port 60000.

    I would also like to setup test cases for our plugin, so it would be
    interesting
    if we run hadoop+hbase in embedded mode.

    Could you please send me the very basic configuration/code files to run it?

    Thanks

    Erik Bengtson
  • Stack at May 12, 2009 at 9:43 pm