Hi Users,

Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any command?
as anyone knows please reply.

Thanks,
Prabhu.

Search Discussions

  • Mohammad Tariq at Aug 10, 2012 at 2:24 pm
    Sorry, I didn't get the question.

    Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

    On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 7:51 PM, prabhu K wrote:
    Hi Users,

    Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any command? as
    anyone knows please reply.

    Thanks,
    Prabhu.
  • Mohammad Tariq at Aug 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm
    Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??

    Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

    Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any command? as
    anyone knows please reply.

    Thanks,
    Prabhu.
  • Mohammad Tariq at Aug 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm
    Are you getting my replies?? I am getting post master failure
    everytime I reply to this thread.

    Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

    Command for what??And what do you want to do with Hdfs and local FS??

    Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

    Is it possible from HDFS file to local unix system, is there any command? as
    anyone knows please reply.

    Thanks,
    Prabhu.
  • Sandeep Reddy P at Aug 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm
    Hi,
    Yes you can copy data from hdfs to linux box
    hadoop fs -copyToLocal <hdfs path> <linux path>