Hi, Costin:
I work on HBase.

I went over
http://static.springsource.org/spring-hadoop/docs/current/reference/hbase.htmlbut
didn't have time to download the source code.

Is there a typo: 'does more then easily'
Should 'then' be 'than' ?

For the following config:
<hdp:hbase-configuration stop-proxy="false" delete-connection="true" />

May I ask what would the proxies do without HBase connection ?

What HBase version does SHDP work with ? I assume it is 0.90.x
0.92 is coming out in January which has more features than 0.90.x

If there is anything desirable from HBase, please let us know.
We will try to accommodate your requests.

Cheers