Hi, I want to know where has information regarding completed MapTask been
stored?
i.e. how reduce task know about completed map output data is available on
which tasktracker?
please let me know this.

Anis
Student MTech (Comp.Sci. & Engg)

Search Discussions

  • Hadoop anis at Dec 27, 2011 at 9:26 am
    Friends,

    I want to know where does information regarding completed MapTask get
    stored?
    i.e. how reduce task know about completed map output data is available on
    which tasktracker?
    what data structure gets maintained to track for the map output data?

    If anyone know this please let me know.

    Anis
    Student MTech (Comp.Sci. & Engg)
  • Arun C Murthy at Dec 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm
    The reduces get it from the JobTracker. Take a look at TaskCompletionEvents.java.

    Arun
    I want to know where does information regarding completed MapTask get stored?
    i.e. how reduce task know about completed map output data is available on which tasktracker?
    what data structure gets maintained to track for the map output data?

    If anyone know this please let me know.

    Anis
    Student MTech (Comp.Sci. & Engg)

  • Hadoop anis at Jan 4, 2012 at 12:22 pm
    Thanks a lot Sir, it worked.
    The reduces get it from the JobTracker. Take a look at
    TaskCompletionEvents.java.

    Arun

    I want to know where does information regarding completed MapTask get
    stored?
    i.e. how reduce task know about completed map output data is available on
    which tasktracker?
    what data structure gets maintained to track for the map output data?

    If anyone know this please let me know.

    Anis
    Student MTech (Comp.Sci. & Engg)

    Anis
    Student MTech (Comp.Sci. & Engg)

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 22, '11 at 6:14a
activeJan 4, '12 at 12:22p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Hadoop anis: 3 posts Arun C Murthy: 1 post