Hi,
I had the following questions related to Yarn:
[1] How does the Application Master know where the data is, to give a list to Resource Manager? Is it talking to the Name Node?
[2] How does Resource Manager interface with HDFS federation? How does it know which specific name node  talk to?

Thanks in advance!

Search Discussions

  • Arun C Murthy at Dec 21, 2011 at 12:48 am

    I had the following questions related to Yarn:
    [1] How does the Application Master know where the data is, to give a list to Resource Manager? Is it talking to the Name Node?
    Yes, it's the responsibility of the AM to talk to the NN to figure which hosts/racks it needs.
    [2] How does Resource Manager interface with HDFS federation? How does it know which specific name node talk to?
    Either full uri (hdfs://nn1:8080) or client-side mount tables.

    Arun

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 21, '11 at 12:06a