Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Dec 6, 2011 at 4:26 pm
    Keren,

    How many tasktrackers are you running, and are they all still up?
    On 06-Dec-2011, at 9:32 PM, Keren Ouaknine wrote:

    Hello,

    Please find details below. I would like to resume the pending tasks (not sure why they went into pending state in the first place).
    I had a look at the logs, there were some tasks failures (3), but successful on a second attempt.

    Job Setup: Successful
    Started at: Tue Dec 06 05:41:39 EST 2011
    Running for: 5hrs, 18mins, 49sec
    Job Cleanup: Pending

    Kind % Complete Num Tasks Pending Running Complete Killed Failed/Killed
    Task Attempts
    map 100.00%

    1260 0 0 1260 0 0 / 6
    reduce 9.99%

    90 81 0 9 0 3 / 0

    Thanks,
    Keren

    --
    Keren Ouaknine
    Cell: +972 54 2565404

    1. All tasktracker are up, they are 10 available. What do you reckon?

    2. On one node, there is additionally a process called Child. It seems like
    a tasktracker, so I am not sure why both Child and tasktracker are running
    on that node?

    Thanks,
    Keren
    How many tasktrackers are you running, and are they all still up?

    Please find details below. I would like to resume the pending tasks (not
    sure why they went into pending state in the first place).
    I had a look at the logs, there were some tasks failures (3), but
    successful on a second attempt.
    *
    Job Setup:* Successful<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=setup&pagenum=1&state=completed>
    *Status:* Running
    *Started at:* Tue Dec 06 05:41:39 EST 2011
    *Running for:* 5hrs, 18mins, 49sec
    *Job Cleanup:* Pending

    Kind% CompleteNum TasksPendingRunningCompleteKilledFailed/Killed
    Task Attempts<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobfailures.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187>
    map<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=map&pagenum=1>
    100.00%
    1260001260<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=map&pagenum=1&state=completed>
    00 / 6<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobfailures.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&kind=map&cause=killed>
    reduce<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=reduce&pagenum=1>
    9.99%

    9081<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=reduce&pagenum=1&state=pending>
    09<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobtasks.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&type=reduce&pagenum=1&state=completed>
    0 3<http://10.239.24.12:50030/jobfailures.jsp?jobid=job_201111302144_0187&kind=reduce&cause=failed>/ 0
    Thanks,
    Keren

    --
    Keren Ouaknine
    Cell: +972 54 2565404

    --
    Keren Ouaknine
    Cell: +972 54 2565404

    I assume that there is just this job running, yes?

    Can you check if any of your TaskTrackers have been blacklisted? Also, can you pastebin your day's JobTracker log, grepped for this specific Job ID?

    You could also try bumping (stop/start) one TaskTracker and see if it helps get some traction, but would be good to have a log copy before you try doing that - so we can be sure what caused it.

    Also, version?
[...]

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 6, '11 at 4:03p
activeDec 6, '11 at 5:40p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Keren Ouaknine: 2 posts Harsh J: 2 posts