Where i can find some hadoop map reduce application examples (except word
count)
with associate input files?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Sean Owen at Jun 7, 2011 at 3:08 pm
    Not sure if it's quite what you mean, but, Apache Mahout is essentially all
    applications of Hadoop for machine learning, a bunch of runnable jobs (some
    with example data too).

    mahout.apache.org
    Where i can find some hadoop map reduce application examples (except word
    count)
    with associate input files?

    Thanks
  • Francesco De Luca at Jun 7, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    Hello Sean,

    not exactely. I mean some applications like word count or inverted index and
    the relative input data.

    Not sure if it's quite what you mean, but, Apache Mahout is essentially all
    applications of Hadoop for machine learning, a bunch of runnable jobs (some
    with example data too).

    mahout.apache.org
    Where i can find some hadoop map reduce application examples (except word
    count)
    with associate input files?

    Thanks
  • Jonathan Coveney at Jun 7, 2011 at 5:57 pm
    Have you taken a look at the O'Reilly Hadoop book? It deals consistently
    with a weather dataset that is, I believe, largely available.

    not exactely. I mean some applications like word count or inverted index
    and the relative input data.

    Not sure if it's quite what you mean, but, Apache Mahout is essentially
    all applications of Hadoop for machine learning, a bunch of runnable jobs
    (some with example data too).

    mahout.apache.org
    Where i can find some hadoop map reduce application examples (except word
    count)
    with associate input files?

    Thanks
  • Francesco De Luca at Jun 7, 2011 at 6:04 pm
    Great!
    Thank you Jonathan

    Have you taken a look at the O'Reilly Hadoop book? It deals consistently
    with a weather dataset that is, I believe, largely available.

    not exactely. I mean some applications like word count or inverted index
    and the relative input data.

    Not sure if it's quite what you mean, but, Apache Mahout is essentially
    all applications of Hadoop for machine learning, a bunch of runnable jobs
    (some with example data too).

    mahout.apache.org
    Where i can find some hadoop map reduce application examples (except
    word count)
    with associate input files?

    Thanks
  • Marcos Ortiz at Jun 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm
    You can use the HackReduce's datasets too for this.
    http://hackreduce.org/datasets

    Regards

    mahout.apache.org <http://mahout.apache.org/>

    --