Hi guys,

I've just found a problem with the class TableSplit. It implements "equals",
but it does not implement hashCode also, as it should have.
I've discovered it by trying to use a HashSet of TableSplit's, and I've
noticed that some duplicate splits are added to the set.

The only option I have for now is to extend TableSplit and to use the
subclass.
I use cloudera cdh3u0 version of hadoop.

Do you know about this problem? Should I open a Jira issue for that, or it
already exists?

Thanks,
Lucian

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at May 20, 2011 at 1:09 pm
    Hello Lucian,

    TableSplit appears to be a HBase component. Bugs/Patches against HBase
    ought to go to the HBASE Jira project.

    On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Lucian Iordache

    --
    Harsh J
  • Lucian Iordache at May 20, 2011 at 1:13 pm

    Thanks, you are right, I will do that.

    Regards,
    Lucian
    TableSplit appears to be a HBase component. Bugs/Patches against HBase
    ought to go to the HBASE Jira project.

    On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Lucian Iordache
    I've just found a problem with the class TableSplit. It implements "equals",
    but it does not implement hashCode also, as it should have.
    I've discovered it by trying to use a HashSet of TableSplit's, and I've
    noticed that some duplicate splits are added to the set.

    The only option I have for now is to extend TableSplit and to use the
    subclass.
    I use cloudera cdh3u0 version of hadoop.

    Do you know about this problem? Should I open a Jira issue for that, or it
    already exists?

    Thanks,
    Lucian

    --
    Harsh J

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 20, '11 at 10:39a
activeMay 20, '11 at 1:13p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Lucian Iordache: 2 posts Harsh J: 1 post