I can't seem to be able to find either jira or implementation of
MultipleOutputFormat in new api in either 0.21 or 0.22 branches.
Are there any plans to port that to new api as well?

thanks in advance.
-Dmitriy

Search Discussions

  • Alejandro Abdelnur at Mar 30, 2011 at 3:57 am
    Dmitriy,

    Have you check the MultipleOutputs instead? It provides similar
    functionality.

    Alejandro
    I can't seem to be able to find either jira or implementation of
    MultipleOutputFormat in new api in either 0.21 or 0.22 branches.
    Are there any plans to port that to new api as well?

    thanks in advance.
    -Dmitriy
  • Dmitriy Lyubimov at Mar 30, 2011 at 4:02 am
    yes.. but in my old code the file names are created on the fly (it
    basically creates partitions based on a time field). I dont think
    MultipleOutputs is not suitable to create partitions on the fly.
    Have you check the MultipleOutputs instead? It provides similar
    functionality.
    Alejandro
    I can't seem to be able to find either jira or implementation of
    MultipleOutputFormat in new api in either 0.21 or 0.22 branches.
    Are there any plans to port that to new api as well?

    thanks in advance.
    -Dmitriy
  • Alejandro Abdelnur at Mar 30, 2011 at 4:10 am
    You should be able to create partitions on the fly.

    Check the last example in the javadocs:

    http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/r0.21.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/output/MultipleOutputs.html

    mos.write(key, new Text("value"), generateFileName(key, new Text("value")));

    Hope this helps.

    Alejandro

    On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlieu.7@gmail.com>
    I can't seem to be able to find either jira or implementation of
    MultipleOutputFormat in new api in either 0.21 or 0.22 branches.
    Are there any plans to port that to new api as well?

    thanks in advance.
    -Dmitriy
  • Dmitriy Lyubimov at Mar 30, 2011 at 4:13 am
    Oh. ok, let me look at it. thanks a bunch.

    On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tucu@cloudera.com>
    Have you check the MultipleOutputs instead? It provides similar
    functionality.
    Alejandro

    On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlieu.7@gmail.com>
    I can't seem to be able to find either jira or implementation of
    MultipleOutputFormat in new api in either 0.21 or 0.22 branches.
    Are there any plans to port that to new api as well?

    thanks in advance.
    -Dmitriy

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop