On the reduce side, after the RT had passed the merge phase (before
the reduce phase starts), I've got the path of the map_0.out file. I'm
opening this file with

[code]
FSDataInputStream in = fs.open(file);
[/code]

But, I only got the path. Is it possible to obtain the file status of
this file? Does exist a file status to this temporary file?
--
Pedro

Search Discussions

  • Pedro Costa at Jan 31, 2011 at 6:01 pm
    I said file status, but what I would like to know is the size of the file.
    On the reduce side, after the RT had passed the merge phase (before
    the reduce phase starts), I've got the path of the map_0.out file. I'm
    opening this file with

    [code]
    FSDataInputStream in = fs.open(file);
    [/code]

    But, I only got the path. Is it possible to obtain the file status of
    this file? Does exist a file status to this temporary file?
    --
    Pedro

    --
    Pedro
  • Harsh J at Jan 31, 2011 at 6:04 pm
    FileSystem.getFileStatus(Path path) should return you the goodies,
    using an appropriate FileSystem implementation (Hint: URI).
    I said file status, but what I would like to know is the size of the file.
    On the reduce side, after the RT had passed the merge phase (before
    the reduce phase starts), I've got the path of the map_0.out file. I'm
    opening this file with

    [code]
    FSDataInputStream in = fs.open(file);
    [/code]

    But, I only got the path. Is it possible to obtain the file status of
    this file? Does exist a file status to this temporary file?
    --
    Pedro

    --
    Pedro