I have a number of files which can be read and converted into a series of
lines of lext - however the means of reading the
file is not known to the standard Hadoop splitters. I understand that I can
Override FileInputFormat to set isSplitable to false -
I am a little unclear on how to get the Job to Use my version of
that FileInputFormat and nowhere do I see a place to
override the code for reading the file and converting it to lines of text.
Anyone know how to do this??

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
Institute for Systems Biology

Search Discussions

  • Hemanth Yamijala at Jun 25, 2010 at 4:44 am
    Steven,
    I have a number of files which can be read and converted into a series of
    lines of lext - however the means of reading the
    file is not known to the standard Hadoop splitters. I understand that I can
    Override FileInputFormat to set isSplitable to false -
    I am a little unclear on how to get the Job to Use my version of
    that FileInputFormat  and nowhere do I see a place to
    override the code for reading the file and converting it to lines of text.
    Anyone know how to do this??
    Could you look at JobConf.setInputFormat() API to set your input format ?

    Thanks
    Hemanth

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 24, '10 at 7:45p
activeJun 25, '10 at 4:44a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Steve Lewis: 1 post Hemanth Yamijala: 1 post