I am running into an issue that the splitter is reading the wrong file and
causing my program to fail -
I cannot find which file is being read -
context.getConfiguration().get("map.input.file"); returns null and
while I have seem reference to a method getInputSplit I cannot see anything
implementing it

More generally it would be nice to be able tp track and filter files as they
are passed to the splitter -
Is there any way to set a custom splitter and if so how

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
Institute for Systems Biology

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Jun 13, 2010 at 3:33 am
    Try this:
    FileSplit fileSplit = (FileSplit) context.getInputSplit();
    String sFileName = fileSplit.getPath().getName();
    I am running into an issue that the splitter is reading the wrong file and
    causing my program to fail -
    I cannot find which file is being read -
    context.getConfiguration().get("map.input.file"); returns null and
    while I have seem reference to a method getInputSplit I cannot see anything
    implementing it

    More generally it would be nice to be able tp track and filter files as
    they are passed to the splitter -
    Is there any way to set a custom splitter and if so how

    --
    Steven M. Lewis PhD
    Institute for Systems Biology
    Seattle WA