Is there a way to set the output group for a mapreduce (or hdfs fs operation) job? For example -Ddfs.umaskmode=027 successfully sets the permissions. I would think the -Dgroup.name=GROUP would do a similar thing for the file's group. However, this does not appear to be the case. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg Lawrence

Search Discussions

  • Allen Wittenauer at Mar 11, 2010 at 7:10 pm

    Is there a way to set the output group for a mapreduce (or hdfs fs operation)
    job? For example -Ddfs.umaskmode=027 successfully sets the permissions. I
    would think the -Dgroup.name=GROUP would do a similar thing for the file's
    group. However, this does not appear to be the case. Any help would be
    appreciated.
    HDFS uses sticky groups for directories. In other words, on creation, the
    group of the dir is what the group of the file will be.

groupmapreduce-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMar 11, '10 at 7:07p
activeMar 11, '10 at 7:10p