Directory Modified Time is earlier than the files it contains for some
of my folders on HDFS. Is this usual? I would like to be able to
hadoop fs -rmr /path/to/some/dir
if the dirs modified time is older than 5 days or whatever.

Thanks.
Tom

Search Discussions

  • Dhruba Borthakur at May 24, 2011 at 5:57 pm
    If you create a file and then delete it, then you have modified the
    directory. In that case, the modtime of the directory wil be updated when u
    deleted the file.

    This could make the modtime of the directory be later than the modification
    time of any remaining files in that directory.

    dhruba
    Directory Modified Time is earlier than the files it contains for some
    of my folders on HDFS. Is this usual? I would like to be able to
    hadoop fs -rmr /path/to/some/dir
    if the dirs modified time is older than 5 days or whatever.

    Thanks.
    Tom

  • Tom Hall at May 24, 2011 at 11:41 pm

    This could make the modtime of the directory be later than the modification
    time of any remaining files in that directory.
    The modtime is earlier though, dangerous for me as I want to clean out
    anything bofore a certain point.

    Tom

grouphdfs-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 24, '11 at 3:28p
activeMay 24, '11 at 11:41p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Tom Hall: 2 posts Dhruba Borthakur: 1 post