Gokul

Hi,

The "Browse File System" link in NameNode UI
(http://namenode:50070) is not working when I run NameNode and 1 DataNode in
the same system (Pseudo-distributed mode).

I thought it might be jetty issue. But if I run 1 NameNode and 1
DataNode in one system and a DataNode in another system (total 1 NN and 2
DN), the Browse File System link is working fine and I can see the files in
HDFS.

Any idea why the issue with pseudo-distributed mode???

Thanks,

Gokul

Search Discussions

  • Eric Sammer at May 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm
    I've seen this before when the daemons bind to the wrong interface / IP. In
    pseudo-dist mode, make sure things are binding to the intended IP. The
    reason why this is important is because when clicking on browse, the browser
    is redirected to the data node on whatever hostname or IP it has reported.

    --
    Eric Sammer
    phone: +1-917-287-2675

grouphdfs-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 12, '10 at 11:28a
activeMay 12, '10 at 5:15p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Eric Sammer: 1 post Gokulakannan M: 1 post