Project: Hadoop HDFS
Issue Type: Test
Components: name-node, test
Affects Versions: 0.23.0
Reporter: Eli Collins
Assignee: Eli Collins
The existing replication tests (TestPendingReplication, TestOverReplicatedBlocks, TestReplicationPolicy, TestUnderReplicatedBlocks, TestReplication) are missing tests for rack policy violations. This jira adds the following tests which I created generate a new patch for HDFS-15:
* Test that blocks that have a sufficient number of total replicas, but are not replicated cross rack, get replicated cross rack when a rack becomes available.
* Test that new blocks for an underreplicated file will get replicated cross rack.
* Mark a block as corrupt, test that when it is re-replicated that it is still replicated across racks.
* Reduce the replication factor of a file, making sure that the only block that is across racks is not removed when deleting replicas.
* Test that when a block is replicated because a replica is lost due to host failure the the rack policy is preserved.
* Test that when the execss replicas of a block are reduced due to a node re-joining the cluster the rack policy is not violated.
* Test that rack policy is still respected when blocks are replicated due to node decommissioning.
* Test that rack policy is still respected when blocks are replicated due to node decommissioning, even when the blocks are over-replicated.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.