Just curious, does hbase require mapreduce? Basically, I have several
terabytes of data and I would like to query it similar to sql fashion.
Was wondering if mapreduce was required.

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Apr 10, 2011 at 1:57 pm
    Mapreduce isn't required.
    For your query, Hive would be a better fit.
    Just curious, does hbase require mapreduce? Basically, I have several
    terabytes of data and I would like to query it similar to sql fashion.
    Was wondering if mapreduce was required.
  • Mag Gam at Apr 10, 2011 at 3:37 pm
    It seems with HIVE is a large latency. Is there anything else out
    there which has less latencies?

    For your query, Hive would be a better fit.
    Just curious, does hbase require mapreduce? Basically, I have several
    terabytes of data and I would like to query it similar to sql fashion.
    Was wondering if mapreduce was required.

groupgeneral @
categorieshadoop
postedApr 10, '11 at 12:37p
activeApr 10, '11 at 3:37p