Jakob Homan commented on HDFS-884:
----------------------------------
Konstantin, if you're trying to kick a new patch build for this you no longer move it to "Open" and back to "Patch Available". Instead, you must upload a new patch. Or, if you have permission, you can kickhttps://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/ and enter the issue number.
That makes me sad. Is this a new feature or regression?
[For everyone's benefit, moving this to general@]

Jakob, I referenced the change here: http://tinyurl.com/4crxlvy
The new system is much more robust partial because it no longer relies on watching Jira generated emails to determined when issues move into Patch Available state. There is limited info I can get from the Jira API, thus the triggering mechanism had to change.

Cheers,
Nige

Search Discussions

  • Konstantin Shvachko at Jan 13, 2011 at 12:41 am
    So, who has the permissions. I don't. Should I?
    --Konstantin
    Konstantin, if you're trying to kick a new patch build for this you no
    longer move it to "Open" and back to "Patch Available". Instead, you must
    upload a new patch. Or, if you have permission, you can kickhttps://
    hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/ and enter the issue
    number.
    That makes me sad. Is this a new feature or regression?
    [For everyone's benefit, moving this to general@]

    Jakob, I referenced the change here: http://tinyurl.com/4crxlvy
    The new system is much more robust partial because it no longer relies on
    watching Jira generated emails to determined when issues move into Patch
    Available state. There is limited info I can get from the Jira API, thus the
    triggering mechanism had to change.

    Cheers,
    Nige
  • Nigel Daley at Jan 13, 2011 at 1:13 am
    I believe ommitters can gain access following this:
    http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson#How_do_I_get_an_account
    Ian would have to run a command on people.apache.org.

    Nige
[...]

  • Ian Holsman at Jan 13, 2011 at 1:19 am
    and done.
    anybody else want access?
[...]

  • Jakob Homan at Jan 13, 2011 at 1:26 am
    yes, please.
[...]

  • Konstantin Boudnik at Jan 13, 2011 at 2:30 am
    Me too, please.
    --
    Take care,
    Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

[...]

  • Ian Holsman at Jan 13, 2011 at 6:11 am
    done.. (for both cos & jghoman).

    regards
    Ian
[...]

  • Suresh Srinivas at Jan 13, 2011 at 8:23 pm
    Please add me...

[...]

  • Ian Holsman at Jan 14, 2011 at 1:41 pm
    added.. (and Todd as well).
[...]

  • Nigel Daley at Jan 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm
    Ian, Todd, Cos, Konst, Jakob, Anyone else given this access:

    PLEASE do NOT kill any builds from Hudson (little red x box) even if they appear hung. Hudson does not kill the underlying processes properly so they get left behind and can silently affect subsequent jobs. Instead, email this list that a job appears to be hung. Giri or I can then clean up the job properly.

    Thanks,
    nige
[...]

  • Tsz Wo \(Nicholas\), Sze at Mar 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm
    Hi Ian,

    Could you add me to the hudson-jobadmin group? It seems that Hudson sometimes
    does not run automatically.

    Nicholas Sze

    ________________________________
    I believe ommitters can gain access following this:
    http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson#How_do_I_get_an_account
    Ian would have to run a command on people.apache.org.

    Nige
  • Ian Holsman at Mar 14, 2011 at 10:11 pm
    done.
    give it a shot and let me know how it goes.
    Could you add me to the hudson-jobadmin group? It seems that Hudson sometimes
    does not run automatically.

    Nicholas Sze

    ________________________________
    I believe ommitters can gain access following this:
    http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson#How_do_I_get_an_account
    Ian would have to run a command on people.apache.org.

    Nige
  • Tsz Wo \(Nicholas\), Sze at Mar 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm
    Hi Ian,
    Thanks for the fast response! It works. I just have started a build.
    Nicholas

    I believe ommitters can gain access following this:
    http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson#How_do_I_get_an_account
    Ian would have to run a command on people.apache.org.

    Nige
  • Nigel Daley at Mar 15, 2011 at 5:03 am
    Nicholas, what do u mean it doesn't always start automatically?

    Cheers,
    Nige

    Sent from my iPhone4