the topic of official GIT repos for apache projects has been raised again a
few weeks ago on infrastructure-dev@a.o.[1] However I can't see who is doing
what in which direction over there, if anything is moving at all.

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.infrastructure.devel/1151

I proposed a draft for a requirements document for the GIT setup and suggested
to give Gerrit a try. There hasn't been a reply however since more than two
weeks. Gerrit is a repository manager developed for the android project and
also used by the repository foundation. It includes patch review, workflow and
CLA-tracking.

[2] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

Now my question is, whether there's some interest from developers to give
Gerrit a try? In this case, I'd setup a private toy instance and import your
project.
I don't want to shoot anybody from infrastructure-dev@a.o in the back. I just
think it would help to have some hands-on experience so that people can make
better judgements.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Search Discussions

  • Owen O'Malley at Dec 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm
    Now my question is, whether there's some interest from developers to give
    Gerrit a try? In this case, I'd setup a private toy instance and import
    your
    project.
    I'll give it a try. Could you import hadoop common, hdfs, and mapreduce?

    -- Owen
  • Thomas Koch at Jan 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm

    Owen O'Malley: