I am wondering whether hadoop depends on zookeeper or zookeeper need hadoop
to work.
When I download hadoop distribution from the website, does it have some
zookeeper libraries included?

thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Arun C Murthy at Jun 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm
    Currently, Hadoop (HDFS/Map-Reduce) doesn't depend on ZooKeeper.

    Arun
    I am wondering whether hadoop depends on zookeeper or zookeeper need
    hadoop
    to work.
    When I download hadoop distribution from the website, does it have
    some
    zookeeper libraries included?

    thanks.
  • Sarah kho at Jun 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm
    Thanks for your reply.

    What about ZooKeeper being depended on Hadoop? is there something like that
    or Hadoop and ZooKeeper are two independent projects?
    Currently, Hadoop (HDFS/Map-Reduce) doesn't depend on ZooKeeper.

    Arun

    I am wondering whether hadoop depends on zookeeper or zookeeper need
    hadoop
    to work.
    When I download hadoop distribution from the website, does it have some
    zookeeper libraries included?

    thanks.
  • Patrick Hunt at Jun 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm
    Hbase depends on ZK but it recently moved to TLP status. As of today
    there are no cross dependencies.

    Patrick
    What about ZooKeeper being depended on Hadoop? is there something like that
    or Hadoop and ZooKeeper are two independent projects?

    Currently, Hadoop (HDFS/Map-Reduce) doesn't depend on ZooKeeper.

    Arun

    I am wondering whether hadoop depends on zookeeper or zookeeper need
    hadoop
    to work.
    When I download hadoop distribution from the website, does it have some
    zookeeper libraries included?

    thanks.

groupgeneral @
categorieshadoop