I have set up hadoop for a multi user environment. Different users are able
to submit map reduce jobs on a cluster.

What i am trying to do is to see if different users can start or stop the
cluster as well.

Is it possible in hadoop . if yes, how can we do it

Search Discussions

  • Alo alt at Dec 18, 2011 at 11:01 am
    Hi,

    if I understood correctly, you want other users than root can stop /
    start an entire cluster?
    Its possible via sudoers (visudo). Create a group, insert the users
    (must be exists on the system) and give the right to run bin/start.sh
    and bin/stop.sh.

    hope it helps,
    - Alex

    On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 9:51 AM, ashutosh pangasa

    --
    Alexander Lorenz
    http://mapredit.blogspot.com

    P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
    really need to.

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 18, '11 at 4:27a
activeDec 18, '11 at 11:01a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Ashutosh pangasa: 1 post Alo alt: 1 post