|| at Aug 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm
1. Ups, I'm using 0.20.2 ... sorry
2. OK, I found the misconfiguration ... I copied VMWare Instances,
configured all - but not the hostname :)
From: Harsh J
Sent: Dienstag, 30. August 2011 18:41
Subject: Re: Is it possible to specify datanode-names?
A few things:
1. Do not use 0.21. It is not deemed stable. Stay on 0.20.x for the time
2. For each node, what's the output of 'hostname -s' and 'hostname -f'?
3. What sort of name resolution do you use? What's the content of each
nodes' /etc/hosts look like? That might be the best starting point.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Ralf Heyde wrote:
i've setted up a 3 nodes cluster running Hadoop 0.21.
Everything works fine . but
In the web-view of the HDFS (Port 60070) I see that I have 3 LiveNodes.
If I click this link, I see a listing of the 3 Nodes and all of them are
named "master" (the name of my Namenode).
Does anybody has an idea, if it is possible to specify the names which are
shown in this view?