Hello,

i've setted up a 3 nodes cluster running Hadoop 0.21.

Everything works fine . but

In the web-view of the HDFS (Port 60070) I see that I have 3 LiveNodes.

If I click this link, I see a listing of the 3 Nodes and all of them are
named "master" (the name of my Namenode).

Does anybody has an idea, if it is possible to specify the names which are
shown in this view?

Thanks, Ralf

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Aug 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm
    Ralf,

    A few things:

    1. Do not use 0.21. It is not deemed stable. Stay on 0.20.x for the time being.
    2. For each node, what's the output of 'hostname -s' and 'hostname -f'?
    3. What sort of name resolution do you use? What's the content of each
    nodes' /etc/hosts look like? That might be the best starting point.

    --
    Harsh J
  • Ralf Heyde at Aug 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm

    1. Ups, I'm using 0.20.2 ... sorry
    2. OK, I found the misconfiguration ... I copied VMWare Instances,
    configured all - but not the hostname :)
    3. -/-

    Thanks ...

    Ralf

    1. Do not use 0.21. It is not deemed stable. Stay on 0.20.x for the time
    being.
    2. For each node, what's the output of 'hostname -s' and 'hostname -f'?
    3. What sort of name resolution do you use? What's the content of each
    nodes' /etc/hosts look like? That might be the best starting point.
    i've setted up a 3 nodes cluster running Hadoop 0.21.

    Everything works fine . but

    In the web-view of the HDFS (Port 60070) I see that I have 3 LiveNodes.

    If I click this link, I see a listing of the 3 Nodes and all of them are
    named "master" (the name of my Namenode).

    Does anybody has an idea, if it is possible to specify the names which are
    shown in this view?

    Thanks, Ralf

    --
    Harsh J