FAQ
I updated my hadoop cluster from 0.20.2 to higher version
0.21.0 because of MAPREDUCE-1286, and now I have problem running a Hbase on
it.
I saw the 0.21.0 version is marked as "unstable, unsupported, does
not include security".
My question is that can I upgrade the cluster from 0.21.0 to a newer
version say 0.20.203 or future version 0.22?
Thanks!

--
best wishes.
steven

Search Discussions

  • Allen Wittenauer at Aug 22, 2011 at 4:09 am

    On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:39 AM, steven zhuang wrote:

    I updated my hadoop cluster from 0.20.2 to higher version
    0.21.0 because of MAPREDUCE-1286, and now I have problem running a Hbase on
    it.
    I saw the 0.21.0 version is marked as "unstable, unsupported, does
    not include security".
    My question is that can I upgrade the cluster from 0.21.0 to a newer
    version say 0.20.203 or future version 0.22?
    You won't be able to "side-grade" to 0.20.203/204. You should be able to upgrade to 0.22, 0.23, etc. Just be sure to process your edits file *prior* to upgrading. Otherwise it might explode.
  • Steven zhuang at Aug 22, 2011 at 6:01 am
    thanks Allen, I really wish there wasn't such a version 0.21.0. :)
    On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

    On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:39 AM, steven zhuang wrote:

    I updated my hadoop cluster from 0.20.2 to higher version
    0.21.0 because of MAPREDUCE-1286, and now I have problem running a Hbase on
    it.
    I saw the 0.21.0 version is marked as "unstable, unsupported, does
    not include security".
    My question is that can I upgrade the cluster from 0.21.0 to a newer
    version say 0.20.203 or future version 0.22?
    You won't be able to "side-grade" to 0.20.203/204. You should be
    able to upgrade to 0.22, 0.23, etc. Just be sure to process your edits file
    *prior* to upgrading. Otherwise it might explode.

    --
    best wishes.
    steven
  • Allen Wittenauer at Aug 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm

    On Aug 21, 2011, at 11:00 PM, steven zhuang wrote:

    thanks Allen, I really wish there wasn't such a version 0.21.0. :)
    It is tricky (lots of config work), but you could always run the two versions in parallel on the same gear, distcp from 0.21 to 0.20.203, then shutdown the 0.21 instance.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedAug 19, '11 at 7:40a
activeAug 22, '11 at 4:21p
posts4
users2
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Steven zhuang: 2 posts Allen Wittenauer: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase