Good evening,

does anyone have an example of how I can use the TotalOrderPartitioner (with InputSampler)? It seems that I have to use a patch before I can use it
(on hadoop 0.20.2), but the patch fails with some errors.

In addition, I have searched for hours but haven't found an example
enlightning enough, so it is not clear to me how I can use these
classes.
My problem is, that the input format of the
InputSampler is different of the input format that the mapper uses.
Maybe I could use 2 different Configuration instances (one for the Job,
and one for the InputSampler), so that I can set the different
InputFormats...
Could someone give me a helping hand please?

Thank you in advance,
Sofia Georgiakaki

Search Discussions

  • Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu at Aug 1, 2011 at 4:26 am
    The example Sort, at org.apache.hadoop.examples.Sort, uses TotalOrderPartitioner with InputSampler. You can have a look at it.

    Thanks
    Amareshwari
    does anyone have an example of how I can use the TotalOrderPartitioner (with InputSampler)? It seems that I have to use a patch before I can use it
    (on hadoop 0.20.2), but the patch fails with some errors.

    In addition, I have searched for hours but haven't found an example
    enlightning enough, so it is not clear to me how I can use these
    classes.
    My problem is, that the input format of the
    InputSampler is different of the input format that the mapper uses.
    Maybe I could use 2 different Configuration instances (one for the Job,
    and one for the InputSampler), so that I can set the different
    InputFormats...
    Could someone give me a helping hand please?

    Thank you in advance,
    Sofia Georgiakaki

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop