Good afternoon,

during writing a MapReduce job, I need to get the value of some configuration settings.
For instance, I need to get the value of "dfs.write.packet.size" inside the reducer, so I write, using the context of the reducer:
Configuration the_conf=context.getConfiguration();
int data_packet_size=the_conf.getInt("dfs.write.packet.size", 0);

However, this does not return 64KB (which is the value by default), but it gives 0 instead.

Could you please help me, by telling me how I can get and set the value of these configuration parameters?

Thank you in advance,
Sofia

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop