FAQ
I am trying to run some benchmarks test with integrated hadoop schedulers and
make some analysis of its performances.

Because the current version from svn is not stable I am planning to do some
modification on version 0.20.203. This version is not present(?) in svn so
I am looking to import it from the archive file, downloaded from
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html here .

The problem is that when I import them as existing java project, there
appears just libs and sources from java eclipse tool for running jobs. Am I
missing something? How can I establish a working development enviroment from
which I could compile my own scheduler?

thank you

(for importing up to date source there is a good guide from
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/04/configuring-eclipse-for-hadoop-development-a-screencast/
cloudera )


--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems---eclipse%2C-hadoop-0.20.203-tp32101224p32101224.html
Sent from the Hadoop core-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at Jul 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm
    Hey,

    Have you tried running the 'ant eclipse' build target to prepare the eclipse project files before trying to import things?

    $ svn co <required branch from anonsvn> hadoop
    OR
    $ tar xf hadoop.tar.gz

    Then,
    $ cd hadoop
    $ ant eclipse # sometimes eclipse-files, so try that as well
    $ # Done, now try to import this directory in Eclipse, would work fine.
    On 20-Jul-2011, at 10:47 PM, mertoz wrote:


    I am trying to run some benchmarks test with integrated hadoop schedulers and
    make some analysis of its performances.

    Because the current version from svn is not stable I am planning to do some
    modification on version 0.20.203. This version is not present(?) in svn so
    I am looking to import it from the archive file, downloaded from
    http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html here .

    The problem is that when I import them as existing java project, there
    appears just libs and sources from java eclipse tool for running jobs. Am I
    missing something? How can I establish a working development enviroment from
    which I could compile my own scheduler?

    thank you

    (for importing up to date source there is a good guide from
    http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/04/configuring-eclipse-for-hadoop-development-a-screencast/
    cloudera )


    --
    View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems---eclipse%2C-hadoop-0.20.203-tp32101224p32101224.html
    Sent from the Hadoop core-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
  • Mertoz at Jul 20, 2011 at 7:55 pm
    I found source code for 0.20.203 release under "tags" option in svn.. so
    checkout went smoothly..

    Now I am just wondering which compile options I have to choose to build a
    project without errors.

    When I choose to run build.xml with options "compile", "compile-core-text",
    "eclipse-files" there shows some errors not finding some libraries under
    /build/ivy/lib folder.. Is any other option to take into account?

    Thank you


    mertoz wrote:
    I am trying to run some benchmarks test with integrated hadoop schedulers
    and make some analysis of its performances.

    Because the current version from svn is not stable I am planning to do
    some modification on version 0.20.203. This version is not present(?) in
    svn so I am looking to import it from the archive file, downloaded from
    http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html here .

    The problem is that when I import them as existing java project, there
    appears just libs and sources from java eclipse tool for running jobs. Am
    I missing something? How can I establish a working development enviroment
    from which I could compile my own scheduler?

    thank you

    (for importing up to date source there is a good guide from
    http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/04/configuring-eclipse-for-hadoop-development-a-screencast/
    cloudera )

    --
    View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems---eclipse%2C-hadoop-0.20.203-tp32101224p32102314.html
    Sent from the Hadoop core-user mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
  • Mertoz at Jul 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm
    Sorry Harsh I didnt saw your post..

    My remaining problem is that eclipse has newer libraries like it should
    have. Missing libraries while building the project are following:

    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/jetty-6.1.14.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/jetty-util-6.1.14.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/junit-3.8.1.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/mockito-all-1.8.0.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/mockito-all-1.8.0.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/servlet-api-2.5-6.1.14.jar'

    All this libraries are present in the folder "build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/"
    but all are newer version that mentioned above. Any suggestion how to fix
    this?

    --
    View this message in context: http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-eclipse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3188567.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
  • Harsh J at Jul 21, 2011 at 2:06 pm
    I'm usually on trunk, but basically what you can do is hand-edit the
    .classpath file yourself.

    $ cd /workspace/hadoop
    $ vi # look for these entries, update the versions to the actual
    existing ones in the build directory.

    That should do it.
    On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 7:31 PM, mertoz wrote:
    Sorry Harsh I didnt saw your post..

    My remaining problem is that eclipse has newer libraries like it should
    have. Missing libraries while building the project are  following:

    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/jetty-6.1.14.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/jetty-util-6.1.14.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/junit-3.8.1.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/mockito-all-1.8.0.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/mockito-all-1.8.0.jar'
    'build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/servlet-api-2.5-6.1.14.jar'

    All this libraries are present in the folder "build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/common/"
    but all are newer version that mentioned above. Any suggestion how to fix
    this?

    --
    View this message in context: http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-eclipse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3188567.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


    --
    Harsh J
  • Mertoz at Jul 22, 2011 at 1:27 am
    If I am not wrong the classpath file is constructed every time a build is
    made so this workaround is not a ideal solution. I tried what you suggested
    and there remains just one error "The project cannot be built until build
    path errors are resolved" -> i tried to refresh, open/close , nothing
    worked..

    I would be very thankful if somebody would suggest me witch release to use
    that is working ok (release 0.20.203 is giving me some new libraries - look
    above) and where I could make some modification on schedulers.




    --
    View this message in context: http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-eclipse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3190128.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
  • Thomas Graves at Jul 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm
    You can try the branch 0.20.204 (branch-0.20-security-204) as I fixed a JIRA
    to automatically update eclipse classpath file
    (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7248). I haven't had any
    problems with the eclipse classpath file since.

    Tom

    On 7/21/11 8:26 PM, "mertoz" wrote:

    If I am not wrong the classpath file is constructed every time a build is
    made so this workaround is not a ideal solution. I tried what you suggested
    and there remains just one error "The project cannot be built until build
    path errors are resolved" -> i tried to refresh, open/close , nothing
    worked..

    I would be very thankful if somebody would suggest me witch release to use
    that is working ok (release 0.20.203 is giving me some new libraries - look
    above) and where I could make some modification on schedulers.




    --
    View this message in context:
    http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-ecli
    pse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3190128.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
  • Mertoz at Sep 23, 2011 at 1:35 pm
    Thank you Thomas, it worked..
    On 22 July 2011 14:54, Thomas Graves [via Hadoop Common] wrote:

    You can try the branch 0.20.204 (branch-0.20-security-204) as I fixed a
    JIRA
    to automatically update eclipse classpath file
    (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7248). I haven't had any
    problems with the eclipse classpath file since.

    Tom


    On 7/21/11 8:26 PM, "mertoz" <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3191276&i=0>>
    wrote:
    If I am not wrong the classpath file is constructed every time a build is
    made so this workaround is not a ideal solution. I tried what you suggested
    and there remains just one error "The project cannot be built until build
    path errors are resolved" -> i tried to refresh, open/close , nothing
    worked..

    I would be very thankful if somebody would suggest me witch release to use
    that is working ok (release 0.20.203 is giving me some new libraries - look
    above) and where I could make some modification on schedulers.




    --
    View this message in context:
    http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-ecli
    pse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3190128.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


    ------------------------------
    If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
    below:

    http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-eclipse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3191276.html
    To unsubscribe from Development enviroment problems - eclipse, hadoop
    0.20.203, click here<http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=3186022&code=bWFzbWVydG96QGdtYWlsLmNvbXwzMTg2MDIyfDY5OTEyNzU1OQ==>.

    --
    View this message in context: http://hadoop-common.472056.n3.nabble.com/Development-enviroment-problems-eclipse-hadoop-0-20-203-tp3186022p3361882.html
    Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 20, '11 at 5:18p
activeSep 23, '11 at 1:35p
posts8
users4
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase