I have setup a small cluster running 0.20.203.0rc1. I want to enable Kerberos authentication to restrict access to the hadoop filesystem based on the authenticated username. I want this to use our existing Kerberos servers.

Where can I find the best documentation for doing this? I've done some searching in regards to this issue, but didn't find much.

Would there be any improvements if I switch to a different release of hadoop? My current, possibly wrong, understanding is that 0.21 does not include Kerberos support.

Thanks for any help!

Search Discussions

  • Joey Echeverria at Jul 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm
    Hi Issac,

    I couldn't find anything specifically for the 0.20.203 release, but CDH3
    uses basically the same security code. You could probably follow our
    security guide with the 0.20.203 release:

    https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/CDH3+Security+Guide

    -Joey

    --
    Joseph Echeverria
    Cloudera, Inc.

    http://yahoo.github.com/hadoop-common/installing.html

    Arun
    I have setup a small cluster running 0.20.203.0rc1. I want to enable Kerberos authentication to restrict access to the hadoop filesystem based on the authenticated username. I want this to use our existing Kerberos servers.

    Where can I find the best documentation for doing this? I've done some searching in regards to this issue, but didn't find much.

    Would there be any improvements if I switch to a different release of hadoop? My current, possibly wrong, understanding is that 0.21 does not include Kerberos support.

    Thanks for any help!

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 18, '11 at 4:15p