I'm new to Hadoop. I'm trying to set up Eclipse for Hadoop debugging.
I have:
Eclipse 3.5.2, configured to run apps with JRE 1.5.
MacOS 10.6.8
Hadoop 0.21.0

I copied mapred/contrib/eclipse-plugin/hadoop-0.21.0-eclipse-plugin.jar
to /Applications/eclipse/plugins
and restarted Eclipse.
I switched to Map/Reduce perspective and I see Map/Reduce Locations tab
next to Problems, Tasks and Javadoc tabs.
I switched to the Map/Reduce Locations tab and right clicked within
the pane and choose "New Hadoop location..." but nothing happens.
A dialog window is supposed to pop up but nothing.

Is there any known issues? How do I trace this problem?

----
T. "Kuro" Kurosaka

Search Discussions

  • Pandu Pradhana at Jul 7, 2011 at 11:50 am
    Hi,

    Maybe related the Java version you are using. Try to use Java 1.6

    Regards,
    --Pandu
    I'm new to Hadoop. I'm trying to set up Eclipse for Hadoop debugging.
    I have:
    Eclipse 3.5.2, configured to run apps with JRE 1.5.
    MacOS 10.6.8
    Hadoop 0.21.0

    I copied mapred/contrib/eclipse-plugin/hadoop-0.21.0-eclipse-plugin.jar
    to /Applications/eclipse/plugins
    and restarted Eclipse.
    I switched to Map/Reduce perspective and I see Map/Reduce Locations tab
    next to Problems, Tasks and Javadoc tabs.
    I switched to the Map/Reduce Locations tab and right clicked within
    the pane and choose "New Hadoop location..." but nothing happens.
    A dialog window is supposed to pop up but nothing.

    Is there any known issues? How do I trace this problem?

    ----
    T. "Kuro" Kurosaka
  • Teruhiko Kurosaka at Jul 7, 2011 at 10:25 pm
    Thanks, but selection of JRE 1.6 didn't help.

[...]

  • Teruhiko Kurosaka at Jul 7, 2011 at 11:14 pm
    I've found an Exception in the Eclipse log.

    Eclipse complains that it can't find org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.
    But I see it is in lib/hadoop-common.jar in the plug-in.jar,
    mapred/contrib/eclipse-plugin/hadoop-0.21.0-eclipse-plugin.jar.

    Closer look at it shows that META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has a wrong entry:
    Bundle-ClassPath: classes/,lib/hadoop-core.jar

    Notice that lib/hadoop-core.jar is mentioned instead of
    lib/hadoop-common.jar.

    Unhandled event loop exception

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.eclipse.server.HadoopServer.(HadoopLocatio
    nWizard.java:88)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.eclipse.actions.NewLocationAction$1.<init>(NewLocationAct
    ion.java:41)
    at
    org.apache.hadoop.eclipse.actions.NewLocationAction.run(NewLocationAction.j
    ava:40)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
    at
    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Actio
    nContributionItem.java:584)
    at
    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContribution
    Item.java:501)
    at
    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContrib
    utionItem.java:452)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:3543)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1250)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1273)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3441)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3100)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332
    )
    at
    org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at
    org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication
    .java:113)
    at
    org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java
    :194)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication
    (EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseA
    ppLauncher.java:79)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368
    )
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179
    )
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3
    9)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp
    l.java:25)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 7, '11 at 9:04a
activeJul 7, '11 at 11:14p