Hello All,

As you all know, tomorrow is the Hadoop Summit 2011. There will be many interesting talks tomorrow. Don't miss any talk if you want to see how long Hadoop progressed.

Link: http://developer.yahoo.com/events/hadoopsummit2011

Among those many interesting talks or posters sessions, One small poster session is Hadoop Disk Fail Inplace. One of the common problems in managing Hadoop Cluster is disk failure. If you want to hear or share disk related problems in Hadoop, please visit us at Poster 49. I am very happy to share how we are dealing with disk failures and eager to learn from your experiences.

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Bharath

Search Discussions

  • Mark Kerzner at Jun 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm
    Ah, I just came from Santa Clara! Will there be sessions online?

    Thank you,
    Mark

    On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Bharath Mundlapudi
    As you all know, tomorrow is the Hadoop Summit 2011. There will be many
    interesting talks tomorrow. Don't miss any talk if you want to see how long
    Hadoop progressed.

    Link: http://developer.yahoo.com/events/hadoopsummit2011

    Among those many interesting talks or posters sessions, One small poster
    session is Hadoop Disk Fail Inplace. One of the common problems in managing
    Hadoop Cluster is disk failure. If you want to hear or share disk related
    problems in Hadoop, please visit us at Poster 49. I am very happy to share
    how we are dealing with disk failures and eager to learn from your
    experiences.

    Looking forward to meeting you all,
    Bharath
  • Bharath Mundlapudi at Jun 29, 2011 at 1:27 am
    Hi Mark,

    Most probably session material might be online after the summit. I am not sure on that. I am just a presenter there :). If there is sufficient interest from users, i don't see why authors might not put their sessions online.

    Thanks for asking tough.

    -Bharath

    ________________________________
    Ah, I just came from Santa Clara! Will there be sessions online?

    Thank you,
    Mark

    As you all know, tomorrow is the Hadoop Summit 2011. There will be many interesting talks tomorrow. Don't miss any talk if you want to see how long Hadoop progressed.

    Link: http://developer.yahoo.com/events/hadoopsummit2011

    Among those many interesting talks or posters sessions, One small poster session is Hadoop Disk Fail Inplace. One of the common problems in managing Hadoop Cluster is disk failure. If you want to hear or share disk related problems in Hadoop, please visit us at Poster 49. I am very happy to share how we are dealing with disk failures and eager to learn from your experiences.

    Looking forward to meeting you all,
    Bharath

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop