Hi all,

hdfs nodes can be started using the sh scripts provided with hadoop.
I read that it's all based on script files

is it possible to start an HDFS (standalone) from a java application by API?

Thanks

  • Madhu phatak at Jun 21, 2011 at 10:01 am
    HDFS should be available to DataNodes in order to run the jobs and bin/hdfs
    just uses the hadoop jobs to access hdfs in datanodes .So if u want read a
    file from hdfs inside a job you have to start data nodes when cluster comes
    up.