Hi -- Is there a way, by which a slave can get a trigger when a Hadoop jobs
finished in master?
The use case is as follows:
I need to monitor the cpu, memory utilization utility automatically. For
which, I need to know the timestamp to start and stop the sar utility
corresponding to the start and finish of Hadoop job at master.
Its simple to do at master, since the Hadoop job runs there, but how we do
for slaves?

Thanks.
Bikash

Search Discussions

  • Madhu phatak at Jun 21, 2011 at 10:17 am
    Its not possible since the slave will don't have knowledge of other slaves ,
    so though master started the job , it may be running in other slaves . So in
    program if your running jobs using Job Conf then you can use it to track the
    status of the job . Other wise you can dig into JobTracker WebUI code to see
    how exactly interacting with master to get the info
    Hi -- Is there a way, by which a slave can get a trigger when a Hadoop jobs
    finished in master?
    The use case is as follows:
    I need to monitor the cpu, memory utilization utility automatically. For
    which, I need to know the timestamp to start and stop the sar utility
    corresponding to the start and finish of Hadoop job at master.
    Its simple to do at master, since the Hadoop job runs there, but how we do
    for slaves?

    Thanks.
    Bikash

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJun 16, '11 at 6:58a
activeJun 21, '11 at 10:17a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Madhu phatak: 1 post Bikash sharma: 1 post