Thanks
Jagaran

Search Discussions

  • Jagaran das at Jun 13, 2011 at 6:50 pm
    I am using hadoop-0.20.203.0 version.
    I have set

    dfs.support.append to true and then using append method

    It is working but need to know how stable it is to deploy and use in production
    clusters ?

    Regards,
    Jagaran

    ________________________________
    From: jagaran das <jagaran_das@yahoo.co.in>
    To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
    Sent: Mon, 13 June, 2011 11:07:57 AM
    Subject: Append to Existing File

    Hi All,

    Is append to an existing file is now supported in Hadoop for production
    clusters?
    If yes, please let me know which version and how

    Thanks
    Jagaran
  • Madhu phatak at Jun 21, 2011 at 10:37 am
    Its not stable . There are some bugs pending . According one of the
    disccusion till date the append is not ready for production.
    dfs.support.append to true and then using append method

    It is working but need to know how stable it is to deploy and use in
    production
    clusters ?

    Regards,
    Jagaran

    ________________________________
    Is append to an existing file is now supported in Hadoop for production
    clusters?
    If yes, please let me know which version and how

    Thanks
    Jagaran
  • Eric Charles at Jun 21, 2011 at 10:54 am
    When you say "bugs pending", are your refering to HDFS-265 (which links
    to HDFS-1060, HADOOP-6239 and HDFS-744?

    Are there other issues related to append than the one above?

    Tks, Eric

    --
    Eric
  • Madhu phatak at Jun 21, 2011 at 10:59 am

    https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/HDFS-265<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-265>

    On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM, jagaran das<jagaran_das@yahoo.co.in>**