Hi guys.
i;m novice of hadoop. i;ve set up a single server setp by the article of get started from web site.
then i wanna run example with eclipse, i know there is a plugin in folder of contrib. so i've uesd it.

but there is a prolbem when i've configured the Hadoop location and Host Port.

the eclipse show that Error:faiure to login when i click the icon of elephant in view of Project Explorer meanwhile the eclipse alert the window in which show 'Connecting to DFS MyHDFS has encountered a problem'....

hadoop-0.20.203
the Configuration copy from the Pseudo-Distributed Operaton
Configuration

Use the following:

conf/core-site.xml:

<configuration>
<property>
<name>fs.default.name</name>
<value>hdfs://localhost:9000</value>
</property>
</configuration>

conf/hdfs-site.xml:

<configuration>
<property>
<name>dfs.replication</name>
<value>1</value>
</property>
</configuration>

conf/mapred-site.xml:

<configuration>
<property>
<name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
<value>localhost:9001</value>
</property>
</configuration>
by the way i've close safe mode

someone could help me...

Search Discussions

  • Praveenesh kumar at Jun 10, 2011 at 8:12 am
    Hi,

    The plugin that comes with default hadoop folder is outdated.. it does not
    work well. usually...

    You need to be very specific for which version of eclipse. Not all eclipse
    version are compatible with the hadoop plugin. Here we are using Eclipse SDK
    Helios 3.6.2. You can download it from here –

    http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.2-201102101200/eclipse-SDK-3.6.2-linux-gtk.tar.gz

    To run Hadoop Map Reduce jobs on eclipse we need to install a plugin.
    The plugin can be downloaded from
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipsePlugIn.
    Open the JIRA MAPREDUCE-1280 link.
    Download hadoop-eclipse-plugin-0.20.3-SNAPSHOT.jar file put it in the
    <Eclipse_main_folder>/dropins folder. To run eclipse, go to the eclipse
    installation directory and run ” ./eclipse –clean”

    P.S .... This thing is tested on hadoop 0.20.2... I am not sure about the
    latest stable build.

    Thanks,
    Praveenesh
[...]

groupcommon-user @