Hello everyone:

I have installed hadoop 0.20 (Single node) on a ubuntu 11.04 64bit.
I have been successful on compiling fuse-dfs according to MountableHDFS
wiki.
The fuse version that I'm using is the one that is bundled with Natty.
When I run ./fuse_dfs_wrapper.sh dfs://localhost:9000 ../mnt -d (from
HADOOP_HOME/src/contrib/fuse-dfs/src/) this is what comes up:

port=9000,server=localhost
fuse-dfs didn't recognize /..../mnt/,-2 //Apparently it's just a
warning. It shouldn't matter
fuse-dfs ignoring option -d //Apparently it's just a
warning. It shouldn't matter

Then a bunch of stuff like this:

unique: 2, opcode: GETATTR (3), nodeid: 1, insize: 56
getattr /
unique: 3, opcode: GETATTR (3), nodeid: 1, insize: 56
getattr /

which seems correct

Also some of this:

unique: 11, opcode: LOOKUP (1), nodeid: 1, insize: 52
LOOKUP /autorun.inf
getattr /autorun.inf
unique: 11, error: -2 (No such file or directory), outsize: 16

Which seems to overcome somehow because it doesn't get stuck or exit. Until
this one:

unique: 147, opcode: LOOKUP (1), nodeid: 1, insize: 52
LOOKUP /autorun.inf
getattr /autorun.inf
unique: 147, error: -2 (No such file or directory), outsize: 16

It just gets stuck and I have to ctrl+C. I haven't been able to go any
further.
The aspect of the half-mounted directory is:

-rw-r--r-- 1 ***** ***** 13366 2010-02-19 08:55 ********.txt
drwxr-xr-x 3 ***** **** 4096 2011-06-07 15:32 logs
d????????? ? ? ? ? ? mnt
-rw-r--r-- 1 ***** ***** 101 2010-02-19 08:55 ********.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 ***** ***** 1366 2010-02-19 08:55 *******.txt

To try again, I have to unmount first (umount /.../mnt). If not, it says
that the transport endpoint is not connected which seems obvious because the
operation didn't finish successfully.

I have done some researching on the web and haven't found anything on the
same line except for:

http://www.mail-archive.com/common-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg02351.html

I did what's suggested:

fuse_dfs -oserver=127.0.0.1 -oport=9000 /dfs -oallow_other -
ordbuffer=131072

But I got the same result

Any ideas?
Did it happen to somebody else?

Thank you in advance.

Elena.

  • Brian Bockelman at Jun 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm
    Hi Elena,

    FUSE-DFS is extremely picky about hostnames. All of the following should have the exact same string:

    - Output of "hostname" on the namenode.
    - fs.default.name
    - Primary reverse-DNS of the namenode's IP.

    "localhost" is almost certainly not what you want.

    Brian
[...]

  • Elena.otero at Jun 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm
    Hi again:
    Good news!! What I posted before is not an error. I guess I was tired and
    didn't realize... It came down on me by chance. There are no errors, it does
    not get stuck, it's the process itself running. I supposed that some kind of
    message would come up to let the user know that the fuse-dfs is well
    mounted.

    Thanks anyway and I hope this post serves anyone to save time.

    Elena.