Hello all,

This may be a supremely stupid question, but please bear with me :)

Is there a timeout configuration option for starting up the FileSystem
objects in java?

I'm currently attempting to architect my application to be tolerant of
NameNode failures. In my case, if the NameNode is not alive when I attempt
to connect to it, then it appears to block forever waiting to talk to the
NameNode. This is obviously not great if it's happening on startup of the
application, so I was wondering if there was a way to specify a timeout that
can be used to limit how long the filesystem waits before giving up and
throwing an error.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Fines

groupcommon-user @