Hello guys.

I just have installed hbase on my hadoop cluster.
HMaster,HRegionServer,HQuorum Peer all are working fine.. as I can see these
processes running through JPS.

Is there any way to know which regionservers are running right and not ?
I mean is there some kind of hbase web UI or anyway to know the status of
Hbase cluster ??

Like for hadoop we can use "hadoop fsck" command and other web UIs ..

When I used hbase 0.20.6, I can see hbase web UI hosting on 60010 port by
default. But I can not see that Web UI when I am using Hbase 0.90.3 ?
Also I can not see hbase-default.xml in my $HBASE_HOME/conf folder. Is this
the reason for that ?
So do I need to set all those configurations on my own for this new version
??

Thanks,
Praveenesh

Search Discussions

  • Lohit at Jun 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm
    I just have installed hbase on my hadoop cluster.
    HMaster,HRegionServer,HQuorum Peer all are working fine.. as I can see
    these
    processes running through JPS.

    Is there any way to know which regionservers are running right and not ?
    I mean is there some kind of hbase web UI or anyway to know the status of
    Hbase cluster ??

    Like for hadoop we can use "hadoop fsck" command and other web UIs ..
    Easiest is look at hbase logs or run hbase shell and create table and add a
    row.
    When I used hbase 0.20.6, I can see hbase web UI hosting on 60010 port by
    default. But I can not see that Web UI when I am using Hbase 0.90.3 ?
    Sometimes Jetty take a while to initialize. Do you see anything in hbase
    master log?

    Also I can not see hbase-default.xml in my $HBASE_HOME/conf folder. Is this
    the reason for that ?
    You do not need to have hbase-default.xml in conf directory. hbase jar
    already has hbase-default.xml.

    --
    Have a Nice Day!
    Lohit