Newbie on hadoop clusters.
I have setup my two nodes conf as described by M. G. Noll
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/

The data node has datanode & tasktracker running (jps command shows them),
which means start-dfs.sh and start-mapred.sh worked fine.

I can also shut them down gracefully.

However in the WEB UI I only see one node for the DFS

Live Node : 1
Dead Node : 0

Same thing on the MapRed WEB interface.

Datanode logs on slave are just empty.
Did check the network settings both nodes have access to each other on
relevant ports.

Did make sure namespaceID are the same (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-107)
I did try to put data in the DFS worked but no data seemed to arrive in the
slave datanode.
Also tried a small MapRed only master node has been actually working, but
that could be because there is only data in the master. Right ?

--
-MilleBii-

Search Discussions

  • Jagaran das at Jun 1, 2011 at 8:44 pm
    Check the password less SSH is working or not

    Regards,
    Jagaran

    ________________________________
[...]

  • MilleBii at Jun 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm
    Thx, already did that
    so I can ssh phraseless master to master and master to slave1.
    Same as before datanode & tasktracker are starting up/shuting down well on
    slave1

[...]

  • MilleBii at Jun 1, 2011 at 10:37 pm
    OK found my issue. Turned off ufw and it sees the datanode. So I need to fix
    my ufw setup.

[...]

  • Jagaran das at Jun 1, 2011 at 11:04 pm
    ufw ????

    ________________________________

    /

[...]

  • MilleBii at Jun 2, 2011 at 9:28 am

[...]