I tried changing "mapreduce.job.maps" to be more than 2 , but since I'm
running in pseudo distributed mode, JobTracker is local and hence this
property is not changed.

I'm running on a 12 core machine and would like to make use of that ... Is
there a way to trick Hadoop?

I also tried using my virtual machine name instead of "localhost", but no
luck.

Please help,
Thanks,
Mark

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at May 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm
    Hello Mark,

    This is due to a default configuration (tasktracker slots, as we
    generally call it) and is covered in the FAQ:
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#I_see_a_maximum_of_2_maps.2BAC8-reduces_spawned_concurrently_on_each_TaskTracker.2C_how_do_I_increase_that.3F

    --
    Harsh J

groupcommon-user @