Hi all,

I meet a wried problem that I can not access hadoop cluster from outside. I
have a client machine, and I can telnet namenode's port 9000 in this client
machine , but I can not access the namenode through command "hadoop fs
10.249.68.39:9000 -ls /"

It tells me "Bad connection to FS. command aborted. exception: Call to /
10.249.68.39:9000 failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Connection
reset by peer"

Has anyone meet this problem before ? I guess maybe some network
configuration problem, but not sure what's wrong. Thanks

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at May 27, 2011 at 7:07 am
    What is your ${fs.default.name} set to?
    I meet a wried problem that I can not access hadoop cluster from outside. I
    have a client machine, and I can telnet namenode's port 9000 in this client
    machine , but I can not access the namenode through command  "hadoop fs
    10.249.68.39:9000 -ls /"

    It tells me "Bad connection to FS. command aborted. exception: Call to /
    10.249.68.39:9000 failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Connection
    reset by peer"

    Has anyone meet this problem before ? I guess maybe some network
    configuration problem, but not sure what's wrong. Thanks

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang

    --
    Harsh J
  • Jeff Zhang at May 30, 2011 at 1:54 am
    It's hdfs://10.249.68.39:9000

[...]

  • Tanping Wang at Jun 2, 2011 at 5:13 pm
    Jeff,
    I would first double check if port 9000 is your service rpc port. If yes, give a try to,

    hadoop fs -fs hdfs://10.249.68.39:9000 -ls /

    Regards,
    Tanping
    I meet a wried problem that I can not access hadoop cluster from outside. I
    have a client machine, and I can telnet namenode's port 9000 in this client
    machine , but I can not access the namenode through command "hadoop fs
    10.249.68.39:9000 -ls /"

    It tells me "Bad connection to FS. command aborted. exception: Call to /
    10.249.68.39:9000 failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: Connection
    reset by peer"

    Has anyone meet this problem before ? I guess maybe some network
    configuration problem, but not sure what's wrong. Thanks

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang
  • Jeff Zhang at Jun 3, 2011 at 1:14 am
    I find the reason. This is because I use different version of hadoop between
    server side and client. Seems CDH is not compatible with
    apache release version

[...]

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 27, '11 at 6:59a