hey..!!

I have a question.
If I copy some file on HDFS file system, it will get split into blocks and
Namenode will keep all these meta info with it.
How can I see that info.
I copied 5 GB file on NameNode, but I see that file only on the NameNode..
It doesnot get split into blocks..??
How can I see whether my file is getting split into blocks and which data
node is keeping which block ??

Thanks,
Praveenesh

Search Discussions

  • Harsh J at May 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm
    One way: Opening the file in the web UI and looking at the bottom of
    the page will show you all block locations split by split.

    --
    Harsh J
  • Bharath Mundlapudi at May 21, 2011 at 9:09 pm

    -Bharath

    ________________________________
    One way: Opening the file in the web UI and looking at the bottom of
    the page will show you all block locations split by split.
    If I copy some file on HDFS file system, it will get split into blocks and
    Namenode will keep all these meta info with it.
    How can I see that info.
    I copied 5 GB file on NameNode, but I see that file only on the NameNode..
    It doesnot get split into blocks..??
    How can I see whether my file is getting split into blocks and which data
    node is keeping which block ??

    Thanks,
    Praveenesh

    --