http://hadoop.apache.org/#What+Is+Apache%E2%84%A2+Hadoop%E2%84%A2%3F

March 2011 - Apache Hadoop takes top prize at Media Guardian Innovation
Awards

The Hadoop project won the "innovator of the year"award from the UK's
Guardian newspaper, where it was described as "had the potential as a
greater catalyst for innovation than other nominees including WikiLeaks and
the iPad."

Does this copy text bother anyone else? Sure winning any award is great but
does hadoop want to be associated with "innovation" like WikiLeaks?

Edward

Search Discussions

  • Javamann at May 18, 2011 at 5:06 pm
    Yes!

    -Pete

    =============

    --

    1. If a man is standing in the middle of the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

    2. Behind every great woman... Is a man checking out her ass

    3. I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.*

    4. Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.*

    5. A process is what you need when all your good people have left.

    *Will Rogers
  • Steve Loughran at May 19, 2011 at 11:19 am

    March 2011 - Apache Hadoop takes top prize at Media Guardian Innovation
    Awards

    The Hadoop project won the "innovator of the year"award from the UK's
    Guardian newspaper, where it was described as "had the potential as a
    greater catalyst for innovation than other nominees including WikiLeaks and
    the iPad."

    Does this copy text bother anyone else? Sure winning any award is great but
    does hadoop want to be associated with "innovation" like WikiLeaks?

    Ian updated the page yesterday with changes I'd put in for trademarks,
    and I added this news quote directly from the paper. We could strip out
    the quote easily enough.
  • M. C. Srivas at May 19, 2011 at 2:27 pm
    Interesting to note that Cassandra and ZK are now considered Hadoop
    projects.

    There were independent of Hadoop before the recent update.

    March 2011 - Apache Hadoop takes top prize at Media Guardian Innovation
    Awards

    The Hadoop project won the "innovator of the year"award from the UK's
    Guardian newspaper, where it was described as "had the potential as a
    greater catalyst for innovation than other nominees including WikiLeaks
    and
    the iPad."

    Does this copy text bother anyone else? Sure winning any award is great
    but
    does hadoop want to be associated with "innovation" like WikiLeaks?

    Ian updated the page yesterday with changes I'd put in for trademarks, and
    I added this news quote directly from the paper. We could strip out the
    quote easily enough.
  • James Seigel at May 19, 2011 at 2:54 pm
    All your (code)base are belong to Hadoop?

    James
[...]

  • Highpointe at May 21, 2011 at 8:13 pm

    Does this copy text bother anyone else? Sure winning any award is great
    but
    does hadoop want to be associated with "innovation" like WikiLeaks?
    [Only] through the free distribution of information, the guaranteed integrity of said information and an aggressive system of checks and balances can man truly be free and hold the winning card.

    So... YES. Hadoop should be considered an innovation that promotes the free flow of information and a statistical whistle blower.

    Take off your damn aluminum hat. If it doesn't work for you, it will work against you.
    Does this copy text bother anyone else? Sure winning any award is great
    but
    does hadoop want to be associated with "innovation" like WikiLeaks?
  • Edward Capriolo at May 22, 2011 at 10:30 pm