Hey,

Our may meet-up is on next Thursday 12th at Skills Matter, this time
with talks on using Hadoop clusters in the cloud.

We've got Matt Wood from Amazon Web Services coming to talk about
their elastic map reduce service and how you can use it to get
on-demand Hadoop clusters. Lars George from Cloudera will also be
coming over to give us a talk on the Apache Whirr project and how you
can use it to orchestrate Hadoop and other distributed systems on EC2
and other cloud providers.

We'll also have pizza and beer again this time thanks to Cloudera one
of our sponsors (sorry about the lack of last Month..)

If you would like to come you will need to register here
http://skillsmatter.com/event/cloud-grid/hadoopug-may/js-1766

I'm also starting to organise June's meet-up and still need some talks
for the evening so please let me know if you are interested in giving
a talk on anything Hadoop related.

Thanks,
Dan Harvey

groupcommon-user @