Hi all,

Assume I have got (m+n = p) p nodes (excluding the NameNode) in a hadoop
cluster. I wanted to initialize the cluster with TaskTracker alone running
on m nodes and DataNode alone running on the rest n nodes. How can I achieve
such a configuration ? Can I do this by modifying the "bin/start-all.sh" ?
Suggestions please..

Matthew John

Search Discussions

  • Mahadev Konar at May 4, 2011 at 5:58 am
    You should be able to use the bin/start-mapred.sh bin/start-dfs.sh
    seperately. The script bin/start-mapred.sh needs to run on the
    jobtracker which will look at the slaves file on the jobtracker node
    and ssh to all the slave nodes and start the tasktracker and so does
    the start-dfs.sh on the namenode.

    So as long as Jobtracker and Namenode are running on different
    machines, you should be able to set up different slave nodes for
    mapred and dfs.

    --
    thanks
    mahadev

    On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Matthew John
    Assume I have got (m+n = p) p nodes (excluding the NameNode) in a hadoop
    cluster. I wanted to initialize the cluster with TaskTracker alone running
    on m nodes and DataNode alone running on the rest n nodes. How can I achieve
    such a configuration ? Can I do this by modifying the "bin/start-all.sh" ?
    Suggestions please..

    Matthew John

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 4, '11 at 5:51a
activeMay 4, '11 at 5:58a
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Matthew John: 1 post Mahadev Konar: 1 post