Hello,

What is the size of the metadata information if a file occupies a single
block (of 64Mb) on HDFS ? Is there any specific formula using which we can
calculate the size of the metadata ?

Search Discussions

  • Eric Fiala at May 3, 2011 at 1:13 pm
    I believe that metadata file size can be computed as:
    header + [[ block size in bytes + 511 ]]/512]*4

    EF

    What is the size of the metadata information if a file occupies a single
    block (of 64Mb) on HDFS ? Is there any specific formula using which we can
    calculate the size of the metadata ?

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedMay 3, '11 at 9:55a
activeMay 3, '11 at 1:13p
websitehadoop.apache.org...
irc#hadoop

2 users in discussion

Eric Fiala: 1 post Hadoop maniac: 1 post